I’ve seen like three different horror master posts that were all by tumblr user sixpenceee?? And their blog has even more wth this is SO rad
haha yup! I’ll make a list right here
makes it look like you’ve deleted your blog or it doesnt exist and basically mirrors the actual page youd get if you had. its ideal if youve changed you url and dont want people to find you (thats why IM using it) or any other reason
If you want to make it realistic: be sure to change your icon to this picture (dw about sizing it will fit) and make your blog title “Not Found.”
Mini Chicken Pot Pie from A Spicy Perspective:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter, COLD
- 3+ tablespoons ice cold water
For the Pot Pie Recipe:
- 8 ounces chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1-2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken base (or 1 bouillon cube)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3/4 cup frozen peas and carrots mix
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, whisked)
- Salt and Pepper
- For the pastry dough, place the flour, sugar and salt in the food processor and pulse a few times. Pour water over a cup of ice to chill. Then cut the cold butter into cubes and add to the flour. Pulse several times until the butter is cut into the size of peas. Add 3 tablespoons ice water (without the ice) and pulse again until the dough absorbs the flour and looks like soft pebbles.
- Flour a work surface and dump the crumbly dough out onto the surface. Press together into a flat square, then fold toward the center into a 3-section fold. Roll the dough down to 3/4 inch and fold again in the same manner. If the dough is not coming together, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of ice water over the top and keep folding. Fold and roll the dough 3-4 times, until it is smooth. Then fold into a rectangle, wrap in plastic and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 400o F and spray a muffin tin (or 4 – 6 ounce ramekins) with non-stick cooking spray. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter and onions. Sauté 2 minutes, then add the chicken pieces and garlic. Sauté another 2-3 minutes, then add the flour, herbs, and chicken base. Stir to coat. Pour in the water and cream, then stir well. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer to thicken, then add the frozen veggies. Taste for salt and pepper and add a couple of dashes of cayenne for a little kick. Remove from heat.
- Now take the pastry dough out of the fridge and roll out into a 12-inch circle/square. Cut it into 4 equal triangular pieces. Then fit each piece down into the prepared muffin tin. Spread them apart—they grow! Fill the pastry dough with chicken filling, spooning in the creamy base. Then loosely fold the flaps over the top. It’s okay if there are gaps in the top as long as the pastry dough sides come up high. Brush the egg wash over the top of the pastry dough. Bake for 20-25 minutes on the bottom rack, until golden brown. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- To serve, run a butter knife around the inside edge of the muffin tins. Tip the knife down and carefully lift each pot pie out. If you accidentally poke a hole in the pot pie, serve it in a bowl.
You don’t get to say that. You don’t get to say “people are people” when Black people are intentionally being killed for being Black— people clearly aren’t people. People aren’t “people” when a white felon can more easily get a job than a Black person who has never committed a crime. You don’t get to pretend you live in an alternate reality in which the construct of race doesn’t exist because it does. It doesn’t help anyone for you to pretend that race doesn’t exist and “people are just people”. Psychologists link that thinking to people being racists because it shows that you’d rather ignore reality than realize that people are oppressed for their races and it shows you don’t know how to empathize.
Why is it that removing race makes white people feel so comfortable.
You should be insulted that your racism is so deep you need to remove a person’s heritage to see them as a person. You need to change the context of events just to understand them. How do you have the nerve to call yourself enlightened when in order to see the picture you have to blur the whole image.
- Jane Elliot anti-racism educator talking about why colorblindness is invalid with Oprah
- "Colorblindness" in particular has been associated with higher levels of racism and lower levels of empathy. — 11. Neville, H. A., Lilly, R. L., Duran, G., Lee, R. M., & Browne, L. (2000). Construction and initial validation of the Color-Blind Racial Attitudes Scale (CoBRAS). Journal of Counseling Psychology, 47, 59–70. 12. Burkard, A. W., & Knox, S. (2004). Effect of therapist color-blindness on empathy and attributions in cross-cultural counseling. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 51, 387–397.
- GradientLair’s essays on why colorblindness is invalid and recognizing race and understanding racism is vital
- Unfortunately, not paying attention to race and gender does not make gender-race inequalities go away, precisely because these inequalities are institutionalized and not just ideas in people’s heads — Evelyn Nakano Glenn, Chapter 1: The Social Construction and Institutionalization of Gender and Race in Revisioning Gender
- In a colorblind society, White people, who are unlikely to experience disadvantages due to race, can effectively ignore racism in American life, justify the current social order, and feel more comfortable with their relatively privileged standing in society (Fryberg, 2010). Most minorities, however, who regularly encounter difficulties due to race, experience colorblind ideologies quite differently. Colorblindness creates a society that denies their negative racial experiences, rejects their cultural heritage, and invalidates their unique perspectives. — Monica Williams, Ph.D for Psychology Today, “Colorblind Ideology is a Form of Racism
I’d love to sit there and just drink my tea, listening to the rain
I’d love to have sex there and listen to the rain between moans
there are two kinds of people
Lifehack: Accidentally text the wrong person? Immediately put your phone on airplane mode and once it fails to deliver, delete the message.
This can save lives
So I found online versions of popular gothic/horror novels. Enjoy and feel free to add to this list!
THE CASTLE OF OTRANTO BY HORACE WALPOLE (known as the first gothic novel)
REBECCA BY DAPHNE DU MAURIER (I read this one, perfect creepiness, tragic romance and a plot twist that will leave you with your mouth hanging open)
WRITINGS OF H.P LOVECRAFT (regarded as one of the best horror writers)
STEPHEN KING NOVELS
- THE SHINING
- PET SEMATARY
- SALEM’S LOT
- THE STAND
- DOCTOR SLEEP
- BAG OF BONES
- DIFFERENT SEASONS
- THE DEAD ZONE
- THE GREEN MILE
- DARK TOWER 1: THE GUN SLINGER
- SKELETON CREW
ORIGINAL GOOSEBUMPS BY R.L STONE (take a trip back to childhood)
- WELCOME TO DEAD HOUSE
- STAY OUT OF THE BASEMENT
- MONSTER BLOOD
- SAY CHEESE AND DIE
- THE HAUNTED MASK
- ONE DAY AT HORROR LAND
- NIGHT OF THE LIVING DUMMY
- VAMPIRE BREATH
- GHOST CAMP
- HOW I GOT MY SHRUNKEN HEAD
- THIS SITE HAD A LOT OF HIS BOOKS, JUST SCROLL DOWN
PENPAL BY DATHAN AUERBACH (Let me just tell you this guy started out as a reddit user writing online horror stories and now he has a novel out, I’ve linked you to the terrifying story that got him famous, you can learn more about his novel here)
Okay that’s all I got for now. This post took me 3 years to make. Feel free to add on to this list.
If any of these novels have got you on the edge (*coughs* Stephen King) be sure to check out my masterpost of things to make you feel better when you get too scared.